The Costa Brava Travel Guide
Make Your Trip To The Costa Brava A Dream Come True That Will Leave Warm Memories For Years To Come
The Costa Brava – the Wild Coast, so dubbed by a local journalist in 1908 – is an endless sequence of rocky shores, charming coves and extensive beaches stretching 200km, from just north of Barcelona in the northeast of Spain to south of the French city of Perpignan.
We Invite You To Share Our Knowledge And Passion
In this guide, you'll find all we've discovered and learned over the years, sailing along this steep, rocky coast, mooring in its charming harbours and marinas, and hiking and travelling in the surrounding area.
The essence of the Costa Brava are the spectacular, breathtaking cliffs that plunge from diverse mountain ranges into the Mediterranean in steeply sloping masses of pink and orange granite, grey limestone, and black slate.
Come and discover its lonely coves with postage-stamp beaches of golden sand hidden at the foot of the cliffs as well as the long, wide beaches at the mouths of numerous small rivers. Find nautical adventure snorkelling in the blue waters, kayaking below the cliffs, cruising, daysailing and more.
Inland, Beyond The Coast, Lies a World of Impressive Sceneries, Historic Sites And A Wide Range Of Cultural Experiences And Outdoor Activities
Moving inland, you can enjoy a wide range of outdoor activities in the many natural parks, ranging from volcanic areas with more than 40 volcanoes and lava flows that have evolved into a gentle countryside to more dramatic and steeper limestone mountain ranges interspersed with awesome cliffs and gorges, and including salt-marshes and swamps where a large variety of animal species and migratory birds find their refuge.
The region offers much more than just beautiful beaches and splendid landscapes, though – this small region is also rich in history. Important archaeological sites show the arrival in ancient times of peoples from the eastern Mediterranean, such as Phoenicians and Greeks, and many cities and towns preserve the splendour of the Middle Ages in their historic city centres. At the other end of the spectrum, with the development of tourism in the 1960’s, there is now an ample offering of high-rise beachside hotels, teeming boardwalks and world-famous nightlife.
The list is long! You can spend your whole life – as we have – discovering and enjoying this coast and the surrounding countryside—the food, the wine, the romantic gardens, the summer music festivals and the odd friendly, out-of-the-way place with the laidback lifestyle of days gone by.
The aim of this site is to provide you with all the information you'll need for an in-depth knowledge of the Costa Brava and to serve as a main source of reference.
We hope that this Travel to Costa Brava Guide will help you when planning your trip or holidays –which can sometimes be a daunting task—providing you with practical and useful information about:
- How to travel around the Costa Brava
- The type of accommodation that best suits your budget and interests. There is a wide variety to choose from: luxury hotels, charming hostels, elegant villas, apartments, comfortable bed and breakfasts, each with its own individual character and allure.
- Activities, such as wine tasting, hot air balloon trips, horse riding, trekking, golf, sailing, kayaking, snorkelling , cycling, etc.
- The different cities and towns in the region
- The cultural offerings of the region: its gastronomy, museums, open air festivals, and so on.
The site will continue to grow, with more and more content being added over time. So, visit us often!
We're sure you’ll love this coast too once you have spent some days or weeks on the Costa Brava, one of the most beautiful locations on the Mediterranean.
- Destination Costa Brava
- If you are planning a holidays in the Mediterranean, the destination Costa Brava will make your travel or holidays an unforgettable experience. Find the best way to getting here.
- Travel Costa Brava - How to travel around in the Costa Brava
- Travel Costa Brava - Find the best options for travel around the Costa Brava that fit best your interest or plans: train, car, boat or coach.
- Costa Brava Hotel and Accommodations
- Find your best Costa Brava hotel between the most charming and confortable hotels.
- Apartment Costa Brava
- Find the best apartment Costa Brava for an unforgettable family vacations
- Villa Costa Brava
- Find The Holiday Of Your Dream Renting A Villa Costa Brava If You Appreciate Luxury, Privacy, And Stunning Natural Beauty
- Camping Costa Brava
- Camping Costa Brava provides a wonderful way to spend a holiday close to nature. In the Costa Brava you'll be surrounded by nature such as meadows, trees, and beaches of incredible beauty.
- Best Places to Visit In The Costa Brava
- From the Pyrenees to the Mediterranean Sea, you'll discover the best places to visit in the beautiful Mediterranean region of the Costa Brava.
- Stunning Spanish Beaches At The Costa Brava To Discover
- If you wish a perfect holiday lounging around beautiful beaches, then the Spanish beaches of the Costa Brava are definitely the place
- Skiing Pyrenees For Costa Brava Visitors
- If you are looking for a romantic gateway or family fun skiing Pyrenees, here are the best ski resorts near the Costa Brava
- Salvador Dali Museums an incredible Surrealistic world
- Discover the incredible world of Salvador Dali through the Salvador Dali museums of Port Lligat, Púbol Castle and the Theatre-Museum in Figueres, the Dalinian Triangle at the heart of the Costa Brava
- The Summer Music Festivals of the Costa Brava, events for Magic Evenings
- The Costa Brava offers excellent summer music festivals in stunning sceneries, a perfect way to enjoy the charm of the evenings of the Costa Brava
- Costa Brava Wine Country Vacation
- Enjoy a perfect wine country vacation, discovering the culture and traditions, the landscapes and wines of the DO Empordà on your visit to the Costa Brava
- Barcelona Travel Guide
- In this Barcelona Travel Guide, you'll discover Barcelona, a city that hides a vibrant mix of exciting places, people, sounds, flavors, art, culture, nightlife and entertainment.
- The Magic Of Antoni Gaudi
- Discover the magic world of Antoni Gaudi visiting his buildings in Barcelona, a world full of fantastic creatures and esoteric symbols
- Discover The Best Barcelona Weather For Your Trip
- Barcelona, as a coastal city in the Mediterranean, has a Mediterranean climate and enjoys a very warm and welcoming climate throughout the year. Choose the best Barcelona weather for your travel...
- Adventure Travel In Costa Brava
- The beautiful Costa Brava's region is an ideal place for adventure travel activities between astonishing landscapes on the coast and in the mountain
- Costa Brava Map
- A useful Costa Brava map that shows where the region is located and how to get around.
- A Mediterranean Map for travelers
- Mediterranean Map show you the extremely beautiful landscapes, incredibly cultural diversity and places steeped in history through some sites about some regions located around the Mediterranean Sea
- The Costa Brava Weather Today
- On the Costa Brava Weather Today page you'll find the latest weather information for the Costa Brava region for today and the next 3 days.
- Real Estate Local On TheCosta Brava And Costa Daurada
- Here you'll find real estate local on the Costa Brava, Costa Dorada and surroundings for sale which are sold directly by the homeowners without the use of a real estate agent or broker.
- Sailboat rigging, repairs and maintenance in the Costa Brava
- We can help you in your sailboat rigging and sail problems when sailing along the Catalonia coast. No matter where you are from Portbou to Sant Carles de la Rápita, we will always assist you
- Fiberglass Boat Repair Services In The Costa Brava
- Find the best Fiberglass boat repair serviceswith highly trained professionals in accordance with your budget and requirements in the Costa Brava and the Catalonia Coast
- Professional Translation Services (Not Only) For Costa Brava Travelers
- Professional translation services are important when preparing for traveling abroad. You'll need to be very clear in your mind a lot of information about your destination
- About Us - Why Costa Brava has become our goal
- About Us - See why Costa Brava has become our project for a travel web site
- Contact US: Travel To Costa Brava
- Contact us and send us your comments, questions and experiences about the Costa Brava.
- Costa Brava Blog
- The Costa Brava Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the Travel-To-Costa-Brava.com Web site. Subscribe here.